Grade 2 Kayaking Skills
Learn the essential white water skills to take you safely & confidently on your kayaking adventures: reading the river, paddling strokes, self-rescue plus much more. Choose the duration to suit your needs: 2 or 4 days tuition.
Location: Barrington River, The Steps of Girrba Campground
2 day course: Sat 12 May – Sun 13 May 2018
4 day course: Sat 12 May to Tue 15 May 2018
Time: 8.30am for a 9.00am start – concluding at 4.00pm each day
Tuition cost: $190 per day, includes instruction and transfers
Accommodation: The Steps Campground, $20 pp per night
See more campground details at www.thestepsbarrington.com.au
Arrive at our Centre by 8.30am of the first day of training, then see details below.
What to bring:
– Bring your own kayak, paddle, PFD, helmet, spray deck, personal paddling clothing and throwbag.
– Bring your own camping gear if staying at The Steps plus your food for the duration of the course.
You can also purchase gear at a discounted rate from Random Adventure Gear or you can hire gear.
14+ days before – Full refund;
7 – 14 days before – 50% of total cost;
Within 7 days – No refund
Bookings essential, call now 02 6558 2093 or email email@example.com
Grade 2 White Water Kayaking Skills:
- Grade 2 river features
- Efficient & effective forward paddling
- Efficient & effective turning strokes
- Stability & capsize prevention
- Breaking in & out of eddies
- Ferry gliding
- Kayak rolling
- Paddling safe & efficient lines
Grade 2 River Safety Skills:
- Correct use of paddling & safety gear
- Identifying & dealing with river hazards
- Self-rescue with kayak & gear
- White water safety position
- Assertive swimming
- Assisted river rescue
- Throw bag as a swimmer in Grade 2 water
- Prevention, symptoms & treatment of hypothermia