White water tours for canoeing and kayaking
White water paddling is what we’re famous for! We operate our adventure tours and packages year-round.
You choose your own level of fun with tours designed for your level of paddling experience: beginners, intermediate and advanced. There are half-day, one-day and two-day options.
White water paddling tours:
Our guided white water paddling tours on the Barrington River include an experienced guide to help make the most of your adventure plus transport, boat, paddle, spray deck, helmet and buoyancy vest.
Subject to availability and minimum participants, guided tours depart every weekend throughout the year plus midweek during every school holiday period. Bookings are essential. You can also book other midweek dates, call us to find out.
Click here for minimum age guidelines, river height operating levels, plus essential terms and conditions.
Click here for the prices page.
White water paddling tours include an experienced guide, transport, boat, paddle, spray deck, helmet and buoyancy vest. Choose from:
- Half day beginner
- Half day intermediate
- Half day family canoeing
Self guided packages
White water paddling at your own pace includes transport, boat, paddle, spray deck, helmet and buoyancy vest. Choose from:
- Half day self guided beginner
- Half day self guided intermediate
- Half day self guided advanced
- One day self guided advanced
- Two day self guided advanced (TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE)
Below you’ll find more details about guided tours or click the link here if you’re looking for self guided packages
Half Day Guided Tours – $135pp
Departing 9.00am and 12.30pm daily. You’ll spend about 2 hours paddling on the water.
- Half Day Beginner (ONLY AVAILABLE Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
This guided paddle from Rocky Crossing offers an easy 6km adventure on this lower section of the Barrington River with a good section for families in canoes and beginners in kayaks. There are long sections of gently flowing water separated with Grade 1 rapids that can be easily traversed with suitable care. Great for your first taste of white water and makes a perfect family outing. Your kids will love the names of the rapids they will master: The Root Ball, Willow Curtains, The Graveyard, The Drop and The Hook. Jump in a one-person kayak or two-person canoe.
- Family canoeing half day tour Our two-person Canadian canoes are perfect for a family paddling adventure that’s easy and fun! You’ll paddle the beginner’s section down from Rocky Crossing and includes a guide, equipment and transport. (Minimum age in a canoe is 8 years with one accompanying adult, or 6 years with two accompanying adults. ) And you’ll save money too with the special family pricing.
- Half Day Intermediate (TEMPORARILY AVAILABLE)
This guided paddle offers fun adventure for more confident paddlers on the middle section of the Barrington River and finishes at the picturesque rapids called The Steps . Paddling 6km, there are good sections for beginners with calm flowing water plus sections to practice your control in eddys and rock gardens. You’ll enjoy Grade 1 or Grade 2 rapids for real white water experiences and you’ll soon be bragging about mastering Morning Glory, The Meaning of Life, Sharks Tooth, The Wave and The Steps.
Rafting Tours (TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE)
Departs 9.00am* and includes an experienced guide, equipment plus transport.
- One Day Guided Tours
When the Barrington River is swollen from recent rains and is too high for kayaking, jump aboard a rafting tour for some high-water adventure. You’ll love the thrill of the white water highway!
* Departures are determined by safe river levels for rafting and cannot be guaranteed.